Dare to consider dental anesthesia (sedation) for your treatments!
For you, an appointment with the dentist is synonym of stress? Once lying on the chair and even the days before your visit, cold sweats, high heart and stomach knot are symptoms that you feel? Are you a patient with an overloaded schedule and you are unable to free yourself from the time for dental care?
Discover the Carrefour Dentaire of Montreal. Our dentists, attentive to your needs, can propose dental treatments under sedation. We are not talking here of local anesthesia administered by all dentists but of conscious sedation that only certified dentists can practice. Through these techniques you will be asleep or semi-conscious during treatments. You will approach your appointments at the dentist without stress or anxiety. During treatment, you will feel no pain and maximum treatments will be given to you.
Our dentists will give you a smile, guaranteed. For more information on dental treatments under anesthesia, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to advise you.
What are the different types of dental anesthesia?
At Carrefour Dentaire of Montreal, we practice 2 types of dental anesthesia:
- Local anesthesia is the anesthesia most commonly used by dentists. It numbs the area that needs to undergo surgery or dental surgery. For your comfort, our dentists will apply an anesthetic gel to your gums before proceeding to the local anesthesia.
- Conscious sedation is administered intravenously only by certified dentists and must be paired with local anesthesia. You will remain conscious during dental treatments but you will lose the notion of duration and difficulty. You will be totally soothed.
Why choose our clinic for dental treatments under anesthesia?
At Carrefour Dentaire of Montreal, our priority is to offer you the highest quality care in a safe and serene environment. For more than ten years, we have been working towards this goal. Our clinic has developed a lot and today we can offer you the advantages of a large dental center without its disadvantages.
By choosing Carrefour Dentaire of Montreal, here’s what you’ll find:
- A team of more than 10 dentists whose skills are combined to offer you the best care. Our dentists specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery, who are able to practice intravenous anesthesia, will work with your general dentist. Together they will offer you sedation for most advanced surgeries. This partnership will save you from traveling to specialty dentistry centers. You will then have only one contact person, the Carrefour Dentaire of Montreal. If you want to know more about our dentists, click HERE.
- A warm, welcoming team, attentive to your specific needs. Whether you’re afraid of the dentist, lack of time for your care or any other difficulties, our professionals will take the time to listen to you and find solutions with you.
- A solid infrastructure enabling us to practice conscious sedation safely with the precaution of using materials and products of the highest quality.
- Appointment schedules that can be adjusted, as much as possible, to your agenda, such as planning an anesthesia on Saturday morning to avoid being absent from your weekday work.
- The responsibility, thanks to our extended hours in the evening and the weekend to be able to communicate easily with us before and after your anesthesia.
What anesthesia for which dental treatment?
It is very difficult to answer that question. Several factors, specific to each patient, will lead to a decision. This will depend on your general health, the type of treatment to be performed, your emotional state … Your dentist will analyze these parameters and discuss them with you in order to choose the most suitable anesthesia.
How can treatments under anesthesia help you if you have a dental phobia?
If the fear of the dentist prevents you from passing the door of a dental clinic, there is a good chance that with dental anesthesia you will get there. Sedation will allow you to feel no pain during the dentist’s surgery. You will approach your appointments more serenely and regain optimal oral health. Thanks to the sedation, the benevolence and the sweetness of our dentists, we are certain that your fear will disappear.
How can dental treatments under anesthesia be used in case of overloaded time?
Our family and professional constraints sometimes cause us to forget our health. At the Carrefour Dentaire of Montreal, we really want to adapt to your agenda. This is why we offer you the possibility to plan, as far as possible, the treatments under anesthesia on Saturday morning.
What are the requirements for treatment under dental anesthesia?
Local anesthesia is the most commonly administered anesthesia. These prescription conditions are easily accessible. However, before you administer it, our dentist will check your medical history such as possible allergies, drug interactions or other medical conditions.
Conscious sedation require prior consultation with our maxillofacial surgeon. During this interview, the dentist will ensure your general health. For this, he will not hesitate to contact your doctor to get precise information. He will describe these techniques of anesthesia, their interests and constraints. He will also take advantage of this moment to inform you of formalities and procedures and answer all your questions. To learn more about our surgeons, click HERE. If you would like further information on dental treatments under anesthesia, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How to prepare for treatments under general anesthesia or conscious sedation?
Before conscious sedation treatments, you are asked to show up on an empty stomach, that is to say not having eaten or drinking 8 hours before the procedure. A person will have to drive you back after the surgery. We recommend that you do not plan any activities following your anesthesia. In some cases, this indication will be extended overnight. Depending on the care provided, we may recommend a particular diet. In all cases, this information will be given to you during the preliminary interview with our maxillofacial surgeon.