Do your gums hurt ? Are your teeth moving ? Schedule an appointment with our gum specialist (periodontist).
Bleeding gums, bad breath, receeding gums, dental abscess, can all be signsof a gum disease.
If you have any of these signs or symptoms, we recommend seeing our periodontist. This dental specialist can, diagnose, treat, and prevent gum disease, commonly referred to as Periodontitis.
Meet our periodontist
Dr. Michael Dib completed his doctorate studies in dentistry at l’Université de Montréal in 2004. He then went to the United States to do his specialty in periodontics at the University of Louisville, in Kentucky (2004-2007).
Dr. Dib is a periodontist, which means he’s a specialist of the gums. His treatments include gum grafts, bone grafts, dental implants, and curettages of the gums. His goal is to re-establish esthetics by restoring the health of periodontal tissues (bone and gums).
Dr Dib works closely with the dental hygiene department, as well as with other dentists and specialists, to ensure optimal results that will help his patients keep their teeth as long as possible. If your gums and teeth have problems, Dr. Dib can intervene to clean them and work towards helping you maintain them instead of extracting them. In some cases, he can also re-create the bone and gums that you’ve lost. Dr Dib also places implants to replace your missing teeth, and therefore help you improve your mastication (chewing of the food).
Dr. Michael Dib has received the distinction of Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and he is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
At Carrefour Dentaire de Montreal, our periodontal department treats the simple and complex gums problems.
Our periodontist, Dr Dib, will diagnose the origin of your gum disease, and then establish an adequate treatment plan tailored to your needs. Treatments can range as follows:
- Elimination of bad breath.
- Gum grafts to protect your teeth.
- Dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
- Bone grafts to reinforce the foundation of your teeth.
- Gingival curetage to reduce gum bleeding and inflammation.
- Flap treatment to remove bacterial accumulation from under the gums.
Regardless of the treatment alternatives, our periodontist will work closely with your family dentist to oversee all treatments, as well as ensure an adequate follow-up.
Don’t delay to later your gum treatments. Your gum problems will progress, and you might end-up losing some (or all) of your teeth.
At Carrefour Dentaire de Montreal, our mission is to cater to our patients’ needs and expectations in an efficient, intelligent, and honest way.
Your gums’ health is very important for your overall well-being. If your gums are fragile, they will not protect your underlying teeth and bone. The end result of gum disease is tooth loss. By consulting our gum specialist, you can avoid the unfortunate consequences related to gum disease.
Why do I have gum disease (also called periodontitis) ?
Gum disease is caused by multiple factors, such as :
- Time : as the years go by, your gums can become thinner, and therefore are not strong enough to fight-off bacterial infiltration. These problems usually start after the age of 30.
- Pregnancy: the variations in hormone levels during pregnancy is linked to increase in gum inflammation.
- Tartar/Calculus accumulation: tartar can build-up under the gums, leading to bacterial accumulation, which leads to gum and bone destruction.
- Immune system problems: if your immune system is weaker, bacteria tends to develop faster under your gums. This is often seen with the following conditions:diabetes, viral infection, cancer, etc.
With time, your gum disease will progress. If the gum disease progresses too far, it will become irreversible. So, don’t wait and contact our periodontal department to schedule your exam. We will welcome you with professionalism and a smile.