Prevention is key, dental cleanings are important
With a visit to Carrefour Dentaire de Montreal, . Your oral health is at the centre of our practice. We take the time to clean your teeth and perform a complete exam of your mouth and surrounding tissues to keep you in optimal health! A talented team of dentists and hygienists will guide you along your path attentive to your specific needs.
What is a cleaning like at Carrefour Dentaire de Montreal?
Your visit for a dental cleaning consist of several steps :
- You will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire so the dentist and hygienist can get to know you better.
- You will be greeted by one of our dental hygienists who will ask you about your needs and expectations of the visit. You can use this opportunity to to ask some questions, and let them know of any concerns.
- A complete exam usually consist of a series of radiographs, including a panoramic radiograph. These will allow the dentist to perform a more thorough diagnosis since they can show areas of the mouth impossible to see with the naked eye, like under your gums or in-between your teeth.
- Our hygienist will proceed to scale your teeth, meaning she will remove the tartar and plaque responsible for causing caries and gum disease. She will use high performant instruments and machines which are more efficient than your daily practices at home. You will find your teeth smooth exceptionally clean.
- The hygienist will then polish your teeth, which consists of applying a small rotary cup filled with a concentrated cleaning paste. This application will help remove some additional stains and help your teeth feel even smoother.
- The dentist will conduct a complete exam of your mouth ( teeth, gums, bone, tongue, inside of the cheeks, jaw joints, etc). After this visual exam and evaluation of the radiographs, they will have a precise portrait of your mouth.
- You will be provided with a summary of your oral health status, and if necessary, a treatment plan adapted to your needs and priorities.As recommended by the Ordre des Dentistes du Québec, we advise a complete exam of your mouth every 5 years. More often, a more concise recall exam and dental cleaning is recommended to treat and/or prevent cavities and gum disease and other ailments.
In our dental clinic, your oral health is our priority. We believe being followed regularly can avoid the need for extra treatments. With all this in mind, take charge of your oral health and contact us today.
A deeper dental cleaning for cases of gum disease
For patients that present with inflammation of the gums and supporting tissues, we can propose periodontal treatments and cleanings adapted to your specific needs.
Our periodontist, in collaboration with a periodontal examination with one of our dental hygienists, can provide a deeper, sub gingival cleaning. In certain cases, other treatments more tailored to your needs will be proposed.
No matter the case, our periodontal specialist will take the time to examine and diagnose the origin of the problem and propose a solution.
If you would like more information on the subject, please do not hesitate to contact use. It will be our pleasure to provide you with more information.